F7T4 install problems on VMware...

G.Wolfe Woodbury ggw at wolves.durham.nc.us
Mon Apr 30 23:17:35 UTC 2007

On Mon, Apr 30, 2007 at 11:34:38PM +0200, Thomas M Steenholdt wrote:
> Hi there...
>
> I've been trying to install F7T4 on VMware workstation 6 (RC) but haven
> been successful yet. Have tried both i386 and x86_64 and the same thing
> happens every time. When anaconda has built dependencies and is ready to
> proceed, anaconda bails, leaving a python backtrace on the screen. I
> have the option to save the debug info to a floppy, but that doesn't
> work either.
>
> I just wanted to know if this is a known issue that I've missed. Perhaps
> a problem with the not-yet-final VMware Workstation 6 or if I need to
> file a bug.
>
> /Thomas

Everything depends on what the backtrace and error being reported are.
Switch to text console VT2 (ctrl-alt-F2) to get a command window;
then cd to /tmp and cp the file anacdump.txt to a safe location (like
a floppy :-)

There are a couple of open bugs on anaconda at that poin of the install
and you may want to add information to one of them.

My question is if it is the LVM/vgchange activation bug. It's kind of
intermittent depending on the memory configuration of the machines.

Wolfe