rpms/firmware-addon-dell/EL-4 .cvsignore, 1.2, 1.3 firmware-addon-dell.spec, 1.1, 1.2 sources, 1.2, 1.3

Michael Schwendt mschwendt.tmp0701.nospam at arcor.de
Mon Apr 2 11:42:05 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2 Apr 2007 12:44:52 +0200, Matthias Saou wrote:

> > > packages I maintain have :
> > >
> > > BuildArch: noarch
> > > # This is so that the noarch packages only appears for these archs
> > > ExclusiveArch: noarch i386 x86_64
> > >
> > > And I thought that the buildsystem would get things right, but it seems
> > > like it doesn't since I just saw that they were available for ppc.
> > > Maybe it's just a matter of fixing the push script so that it checks
> > > the exclusivearchs before it checks if the package is noarch (just a
> > > wild guess).
> >
> > In your case, the buildsys has built a noarch rpm. Nothing in the noarch
> > rpm package says that it must not be installed on ppc. Making the push script
> > parse spec files sounds very wrong to me.
> >
> > https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2007-March/msg01831.html
>
> I'm somewhat confused. It seems that using "ExcludeArch: ppc" would
> solve my problem, but how does the push script get it right in that
> case without parsing the spec file?

It queries the RPM header of the corresponding src.rpm package, which
contains the "excludearch" field. Yeah, right, that's not beautiful either.

AFAIK, parallel to this thread, the Packaging Group and/or FESCo discuss
whether to disallow ExcludeArch for noarch packages. Probably will be
too late for Fedora 7, though.