Future New Init for FC7?

Chris Adams cmadams at hiwaay.net
Tue Apr 3 13:31:16 UTC 2007

Once upon a time, Tom Lane <tgl at redhat.com> said:
> I think our problems are much more localized than that.  In my personal
> environment, the single biggest boot-time problem is that netatalk takes
> friggin forever (~ 1 min) to sync with an existing Appletalk seed router.
> But I don't reboot my Fedora machines often enough to make it worth my
> time to track it down ...

Yeah, I have one annoyance during boot (it isn't nearly as long though):
nut takes something like 5-10 seconds to start talking to my UPS before
boot can continue.

I think a big help would be some method of setting what needs to run
before logins and what can be delayed.  There is no reason for the whole
system to stop while nut tries to find the UPS.
--
Chris Adams <cmadams at hiwaay.net>