1440x900 on Fedora 7 Test 3 (LiveCD)

Adam Jackson ajackson at redhat.com
Wed Apr 4 16:00:26 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-04-04 at 11:06 -0500, Pat Kane wrote:

> I have a MAG LT1919WD LCD display that I would like to use at 1440x900
> on my Dell Fedora box, I have been unable to get anything higher than
> 1280x1024.
> The attached Xorg.0.log has these lines:
>
>   (II) I810(0): VESA VBE DDC read successfully
>   (II) I810(0): Manufacturer: PTS  Model: 76f  Serial#: 16843009

The i810 driver is limited to the modes available in your video bios,
and your video bios sucks.

> What does "Supported Future Video Modes" mean?

It's a list of modes that your monitor supports that weren't in the
predefined list back in 1996 or whenever the first EDID spec was
written.

>   Do I need a newer I810  driver?

No, you need the intel driver.  And you have it!  Change the word "i810"
to "intel" in xorg.conf and restart X, it should do something sensible.

- ajax