Seeking reviewers for Summer of Code applications

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Wed Apr 4 18:56:33 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-04-04 at 13:54 -0400, Greg Dekoenigsberg wrote:
> Please, please, please do this.  It'll take you five minutes to fill out
> the application.
>
> Note: it's listed as "The Fedora Project," which means look under "T"
> instead of "F", heh.
>
> Patrick: will we be having regular meetings of SoC mentors?

We haven't in the past, but we certainly could/should.  Nothing too
often is needed, I'd reckon; maybe every other week.  Or we could
pick/create a mailing list for collaboration?

One thing that came out of the Mentors Summit last year was a desire to
work across projects in a co-mentoring relationship, as well as have
tools that removed barriers to intra-project communication.  Too much
silo'd activity, etc.  Where Google hasn't improved the tools or
processes for this, let's do it ourselves.

Let's hope there is another GSoC Mentors Summit again this year; quite a
nice BarCamp-style event with a chance to meet and learn from FLOSS
leaders from across the globe.  Cool reward for the mentor/admin work.

- Karsten
--
Karsten Wade, RHCE, 108 Editor    ^     Fedora Documentation Project