1440x900 on Fedora 7 Test 3 (LiveCD)

Adam Jackson ajackson at redhat.com
Thu Apr 5 15:28:43 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-04-04 at 19:31 -0500, Pat Kane wrote:
> >  Change the word "i810" to "intel" in xorg.conf and restart X, it
> should do something sensible
>
> That works, I now have lovely square pixels, thanks.  I owe you a
> marshmellow peep.
>
> The same trick does not work on my old FC6 system, I get fatal error
> that
> complains about the pipes.   Is there an easy way to upgrade the FC6
> Xorg to the F7T3 Xorg?

Turn on fedora-development.repo, then

# yum upgrade Xorg xorg-x11-drv-i810 libdrm

and then turn it back off.  I don't think there's any other packages in
there that would _need_ updating.  If you wanted to play with the new
RANDR hotness as well then you'd also want to upgrade
xorg-x11-server-utils and libXrandr.

Depending how well F7 X works for people I should probably push an
update for FC6 anyway.

- ajax