New mirror layout for the merged core and extras

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Thu Apr 5 21:52:02 UTC 2007

On Thu, Apr 05, 2007 at 04:40:14PM -0400, Jesse Keating wrote:
> I've tossed together a quick rundown of a new mirror layout for the merged
> core and extras.  You can find it here:
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Infrastructure/CoreExtrasMerge#head-d370223ce90e602f6d5c4bf3584bd20800da68b6
>
> Any feedback would be appreciated.  This could be expected to go live as early
> as Monday Apr 9th.

Looks nice, thanks!

Two comments:

o relative symlinks with '../' are doomed to break on mirrors, as
  content is usually split around volumes as needs arise, so I would
  suggest to not use any such symlinks.

o mirrors should be prepared for that switch, but currently only core
  and extras subfolders are exported to them via rsync. It would make
  sense to open up rsync modules (for the mirrors) at the linux
  hierarchy as soon as possible, so the mirrors can adjust before the
  layout switch. The nice side effect would be that mirrors could use
  the same rsync module for mirroring other content, too, like liveos
  or epel stuff.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net