JBoss and Fedora

Mark Wielaard mark at klomp.org
Fri Apr 6 17:04:22 UTC 2007

Nicolas Mailhot <nicolas.mailhot <at> laposte.net> writes:
> I may not remember exactly where I saw people  <at> rh
> writing JBoss wouldn't happen before Sun Java 1.7, but I definitely
> never saw any message that claimed "we will package JBoss with gcj and
> push it to fedora-devel". And despite all your prodding I'm not seeing
> it still¹. In fact I don't remember anyone  <at> rh ever posting there and
> writing "I'm x from the JBoss division, we're planing Y for Fedora"

It would help if you could remember since it seems nobody else
remembers it and I follow a couple of fedora and java lists and
have also not seen such statements (all statements I have seen
say the opposite). But if people say that then we aren't coordinating
enough and it would help to get everybody up to date on the various
plans around libre-java, fedora, jboss and the rest.

And why should it have to come from @rh and/or the JBoss division?
We are a team here trying to work together. I know JBoss was
featured in the original planning items for libre-java on Fedora 7
last year.

http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-java-list/2006-December/msg00028.html

And yes it is an optional item because we know it is a lot of work.
But why do you not help out, Fedora is not just about what @rh says
will be in there. Even though I have never seen any @rh say that it
wouldn't. All emails from @rh on the various lists seem to indicate
that they would like to see this sooner rather than later and they
are hard at work making it possible. And if you help out it will
happen sooner!

Thanks,

Mark