JBoss and Fedora

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Fri Apr 6 18:04:32 UTC 2007

On 4/6/07, Nicolas Mailhot <nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net> wrote:
> Because we all know/hope Red Hat has an internal plan for his own
> software, and collisions between such internal plans and community
> efforts in the past have not been pretty? You get the usual maintainer
> protectiveness plus the corporate / volunteer barrier.

yes, the last thing I want to see is a external contributor led
packaging effort which will be superceded by an internal push 6 months
to 1 year out.  I'd like to see jboss team take a leading role in
managing the available volunteer labor pool for the integration
process by proposing a public timeline for integration into fedora (if
they haven't already), including some very specific action items for
community volunteers to work on appropriate in the timeline.  If jboss
isn't ready for packaging now, that should be obvious from the action
item schedule in a public timeline as seen by the driving group of
internal developers.

-jef"