sysvinit VS initng VS upstart VS launchd (Was: Future New Init for FC7?)

Patrice Dumas pertusus at free.fr
Sun Apr 8 17:15:33 UTC 2007

On Sun, Apr 08, 2007 at 08:59:24PM +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:

> If you are advocating for alternative init systems I hope you take
> sometime to do that.

I am not essentially advocating for alternative init systems, but I am
advocating for diversity and not having artificial entry barriers. I
have already seen people saying only one dm, only one libc, and so on
and so forth. This, in general, comes with a preference for desktop
users and for things that just work, even if they are not easy to
customize. I'd like that power users (like myself) also keep on use,
contribute and feel that fedora is right and welcoming for them.

--
Pat