yum wont upgrade noarch -> arch-specific

Till Maas opensource at till.name
Sun Apr 8 18:28:47 UTC 2007

On So April 8 2007, Michael E Brown wrote:

> # yum install firmware-addon-dell.noarch
>     -> installs 1.2.6-1.fc6.noarch.rpm
> # yum upgrade
>     -> does not update to (available) 1.2.10-1.fc6.x86_64.rpm

In my virtual machine the same happens, but also it seems that there is no
update available i386 (I do not have any x86_64 machines). Also installing
this package on a non dell machine breaks yum (I do not have any dell
machines) because of the included yum plugin, if this is not intended, I will
fill a bug report.

Regards,
Till