[GuidelinesChange] Prepping BuildRoot For %install

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Tue Apr 10 14:51:40 UTC 2007

On Tuesday 10 April 2007 10:40:37 Mark wrote:
> @Jesse Keating
> you say that there are far bigger issues. why not just fix all the current
> rpm bugs and release a fully patched version? than from a good working
> version you can start adding in the bigger stuff.. whatever that might be.

"fix all the current rpm bugs".  If only it were that easy.  Clearly we should
just fix all the current bugs in all our software and then we'd be done
right?

Some of those "bigger issues" are in fact the other bugs within RPM.  I'm not
talking about new functionality or stuff, I'm talking about real bugs in rpm
for our shipped products.

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora