Filing FC7T3 bugs against "test3" vs. "devel"

Christopher Aillon caillon at redhat.com
Tue Apr 10 17:06:31 UTC 2007

------- Additional Comments From mattdm at mattdm.org  2007-04-10 12:35 EST
-------
Fedora 7 test bugs should be filed against "devel", not against
test1/2/3. This
isn't obvious, I know. Moving this report so it isn't lost.

This is a bulk message -- I apologize if this was actually meant to be
targeted
against a different release. If so, please fix or let me know. Thanks.

I just got a bunch of the above mails.  How about we implement auto
detecting this for bugzilla?  Seems like all we need is some logic that
does something like:

if egrep "Fedora.*\.fc([0-9]+)\b" useragent then
   if relevant bugzilla version exists then
     auto choose relevant version
   else
     auto choose devel

That should work for Firefox and Epiphany (and probably seamonkey too).
  No idea if Konqueror or other browsers have similar useragents but
this should help a lot more bugs be filed properly.

And why do test1, test2, test3 even exist?  Can we remove them if bugs
should not be filed there?