Did i just made the fastest dependency checker in the world? (198 packages in 1.5 seconds)

Mark markg85 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 07:01:33 UTC 2007

would it work if i predefine all versions in another table (or column) in
the way that rpm does it? that way i don`t lose any speed and i`m still
compatible with yum ^_^ sounds like a wondefull solution to me.

only problem left is how to deal with things like: 1.1b2 or 1.1stable
or do i need to convert the b and stable things to numbers but in a unique
way so that it doesn`t effect the rpm version stuff?

sample:

a = 001100
b = 002200
c = 003300

stable = 011110
unstable = 022220

or i can imagine that rpm gets stucg again if it founds a version like this:
1.b2
cause if i`m right rpm will see that (if i do my cenvertion) as:
1.002200 = 1.22 ?

would this work?