actually, I'm serious: forbid bugzilla filing against FC4?

Michael Wiktowy michael.wiktowy at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 14:54:20 UTC 2007

On 4/11/07, Jesse Keating <jkeating at redhat.com> wrote:
> On Wednesday 11 April 2007 09:37:20 Matthew Miller wrote:
> > If there's not an easy bugzilla feature to turn off new bugs for a given
> > version, maybe we can make an "Archived Fedora Releases" *product*, and
> > move all FC1-4 bugs there?
>
> I think our plan is to actually do that for all existing bugs, create a
> new "Fedora" product that would get new bugs and would only have 7 and devel
> as available releases.

Are people actually filing new bugs against <FC5? If not a new
product, can you just change the permission to file against certain
releases to restrict it to bug-wranglers only ... or are bugzilla
permissions not that fine grained?

Switching to a new "Fedora" product will only work for a year and then
you will be in the same situation where you have the old unsupported
F7 attracting new bug reports. Doing both would probably be the
solution.

/Mike