DeltaRPM works great on Fedora Core 6 (yum presto plugin)

Warren Togami wtogami at redhat.com
Wed Apr 11 18:37:25 UTC 2007

Warren Togami wrote:
> Agreed that it is too late to enable DeltaRPM by default in Fedora 7.
> However, the yum plugin will be available in the distro as an optional
> add-on.

Correction: the yum plugin *IS* in the repo today.

> - Are we satisfied with the existing metadata format for deltarpm?

Not just the format... but the means in which it is handled.  If the
deltarpms live on the same mirrors as the original packages, then
shouldn't the metadata live in the same place as the original packages?
  Maybe even that metadata should be grabbed at the same time as the
other metadata?

Warren