Yum-presto 0.3.9 - FC6 *and* Rawhide

Jonathan Dieter jdieter at gmail.com
Mon Apr 16 18:20:17 UTC 2007

> Works for me. yum-3.1.6 and yum-presto-0.3.9-1. Uncommented the devel
> repo in presto.conf. Ran yum update and the last set of updates from
> rawhide saves me 65 precent. 18M downloads instead of 50M otherwise.
>
> Before I say yes though there is no indication that presto is working.
> Only that it is enabled. It would be nice to get some kind of indication
> that the yum package sizes are the deltarpms instead of the full rpms.
> Maybe give the full rpm sizes along with the deltas or specify [delta]
> near the package names.
>
> If you plan on providing the full and delta sizes in parallel, here is a
> mockup (yeah text mockups!)
>

> Package   Arch version repository  delta(or full) size
>
> Evolution i386 2.10    development  248k (20M full size)
> Total download size: 18M (50M full size)
>

> Maybe that's too confusing.
>
> Rahul

I like it and would love to do it.  The problem is that I'm currently
using yum's built-in output and modifying the size to be the deltarpm
size.  I used to put an * by deltarpm'd packages, but found that that
can screw up depsolving (because it's actually modifying the package
name used in depsolving).

What would be great would be if yum's output allowed some kind of
comment column that plugins could use (or if it gave more freedom over
changing the display name of the package).

Thoughts, comments?

Jonathan