Release Engineering Meeting Recap from Monday 16-APR-07

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Tue Apr 17 11:31:49 UTC 2007

On 17.04.2007 13:05, Axel Thimm wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 17, 2007 at 12:19:21PM +0200, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
>>> And it comes as no suprise since as we all should know FE was always
>>> doing mass rebuilds until including FC6. I wonder how the 0.6% and 1%
>>> were forgotten in the process. Perhaps someone did a rebuild with the
>>> same EVR - we didn't catch these in the old days.
>> We never did full rebuilds. Data-packages never had to be rebuild.
> OK, that accounts for the 0.6-1% then. [...]

Well, you carefully didn't reply to the part where I explained that you
can't get to a proper number "how many packages weren't rebuild in the
devel cycle FE5 -> FE6" by looking at todays repos. So the 0.6-1% are
FUD in my eyes.

I don't have hard numbers either -- but from memory I'd say we didn't
rebuild round about 1/3 of the packages in the FE mass rebuild for FC6.
Some of those not rebuild received updates earlier or later in the devel
cycle. So if I should guess I'd say the number of packages that didn't
get rebuild between FE5 and FE6 was somewhere between 7.5 and 25
percent. Maybe Ville has more data, he did a lot of work back then for
the mass rebuild.

CU
thl

/me will try to resist from this thread now, this doesn't lead to anything