FESCo Meeting Summary for 2007-04-12

Michael Schwendt mschwendt.tmp0701.nospam at arcor.de
Wed Apr 18 16:34:42 UTC 2007

> === Package Conflicts ===
>  * bpepple received from Michael Schwendt the tool to identify packages
> with conflicts, but he hasn't had time to look at it.  Also, still need
> someone to be lead on this.

* all found conflicts are in bugzilla

* tool is missing an implementation of "Obsoletes" on virtual capabilities,
  as that causes one false positive (php-pearSOMETHING) -- probably easy to
  add, but I've injured my right forefinger several days ago and try to
  avoid typing too much

> For full IRC log:
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Extras/SteeringCommittee/Meeting-20070412

> * f13 had hoped mschendent would have responded by now...
> <nirik> ok, sounds good. I would like to see updates announced to maintainers or something to keep people in the loop... ;)
> <f13> mschwendent?
> <dgilmore> f13: he resonds on some things and not on others

Does that refer to the lengthy build performance tests thread I've
received via Cc? If so, I'm sorry, but I have not noticed any request for
crucial input from me. I'm hardly up-to-date on koji, bodhi, and any plans
on switching to them. The Extras pushscript has rough support for an
abstract BuildSys interface, so theoretically it can be extended to pull
packages from a different source than a local plague-needsign directory.