contributing a software through bugzilla

Ralf Corsepius rc040203 at freenet.de
Fri Apr 27 08:20:33 UTC 2007

> Patrice Dumas wrote:
>
>   Currently the review queue
> > is quite big because all the package formerly in core has to be
> > reviewed. But even before the merge review there were reviews that were
> > some years old.
>
> Do we really have reviews stalled for years?
Yes, I withdrew two packages of mine after they had been lingering
around in the queue for 14 months and turned away from fedora to
shipping them via a 3rd party repo, instead.

>  We should probably have a
> policy in place that reviews over a few months get closed.
In my cases, the reasons probably, was the packages being beyond the
capability of most "review monkeys" and being too specialized to be
interesting to the masses. For such cases, a "time out" is
inappropriate.

Ralf