Announcing Fedora 7 Test 4 (6.93)

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Sat Apr 28 11:26:17 UTC 2007

David Woodhouse schrieb:
> On Sat, 2007-04-28 at 11:55 +0200, Axel Thimm wrote:
>> "I installed Fedora, but there is no foo, where can I get it?"
>> "But it is in Fedora."
>> "I'm sure it isn't, I just checked again."
>> "OK, I also checked, it *is* there, are you blind?"
>> "OK, just to be sure (maybe it has another packagename), I installed
>>  everything, still no /usr/bin/foo. :("
>> "Everything from Fedora and still no foo? That is strange, BTW how
>>  long did it take to install everything, that must have taken quite
>>  some time."
>> "No, I have a fast DVD drive and I installed all packages of Fedora
>>  from there"
> Maybe we should call it 'Fedora <something>' to indicate the difference
> between the core packages on the DVD and all the extra stuff available
> from the network?
>
> Not sure what sub-titles I'd choose. Something that indicates the
> essential information about 'core' vs 'extra', I suppose.
>
> Anyone got any ideas?

Fedora Repo N -> repository with all the packages (e.g. merged Core and
Extras) of the certain release "N"; some people suggested to call it
"Fedora Collection" as that would be more in line with the fcN which we
use as disttag; but well, the name "Repo" is IMHO much more obvious (at
least for me as a non-english speaker).

Fedora Linux N -> the Linux Distribution that was known as Prime spin in
hte past weeks. This would allow us to create a Fedora OpenSolaris,
Fedora Hurd or whatever distribution should we ever want to do go into
such a direction.

Those two names would also differentiate between the "Fedora Project",
which is referenced as plain "Fedora" often, too.

CU
thl