contributing a software through bugzilla

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Sat Apr 28 16:42:56 UTC 2007

Anton Kuznetsov <kuznetsovaval <at> yahoo.ca> writes:
> Haha...i just realized that creating a package and creating my own
> software and package for it are different things :). I thought that in

Indeed, you may package both software you wrote and software somebody else
wrote. Packaging your own software makes some things easier (for example,
Fedora-specific patches are usually not needed, you can just fix the problems
in the upstream sources and roll a new release) and other things harder (such
as possible conflicts of interest between Fedora and upstream, and the fact
that there's one less person available to fix things when needed). So either
way is acceptable.

        Kevin Kofler