Announcing Fedora 7 Test 4 (6.93)

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Sun Apr 29 09:04:24 UTC 2007

Jesse Keating schrieb:
> On Saturday 28 April 2007 11:01:52 Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
>> Or did I miss when any Board/Committee/Leader/Whatever agree on the
>> final name for "entire package set"?
> I don't know if it was decided or not, I got tired of waiting and went with
> what made sense with the current dist tags and build system tags and
> everything else.

<sarcastic mode>Ohh, sorry, I thought this is Fedora, the Community
project, where everyone can get heard and, if a agreement can't be
reached by those that are involved in a discussion, the topic gets
decided by a Committee and not by some random person that's happens to
be in a good position to push his opinion through.</sarcastic mode>

> Not everything can be decided by committee.

<sarcatic mode>But you can in this case?</sarcatic mode>

The whole thing could have been discussed and decided in less then 5
minutes by a Committee. FESCo is likely the one that could have done it.
(maybe the Board should have blessed it afterwards). Jesse, you are in
FESCo yourself. If you "got tired of waiting" why didn't you simply
bring it up in a Meeting?

CU
thl