Announcing Fedora 7 Test 4 (6.93)

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Mon Apr 30 09:32:46 UTC 2007

Matej Cepl wrote:
> On 2007-04-28, Thorsten Leemhuis <fedora at leemhuis.info> wrote:
>>> Got any better ideas?
>> No. Well, maybe something else shows up.
>
> What's wrong with Fedora Live CD?

The spin which was previously called "Prime" and now called "Fedora" is
NOT a live cd or dvd but provides a regular installation and has
packages similar to Fedora Core in the previous release.

I consider the choice of "Fedora" as a bad choice for one of the spins
and is bound to cause mass confusion. Jesse Keating or whoever can
liaison with Red Hat marketing team can request them to come up some
other name or we can go back to "Prime".

Rahul