Fedora 7 presentation (was Re: Announcing Fedora 7 Test 4 (6.93))

Clint Savage herlo1 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 30 15:57:12 UTC 2007

On 4/30/07, Jesse Keating <jkeating at redhat.com> wrote:

> What might be better here is directions on how to enable the Everything
> repo
> from your Fedora spin installer.  I was hoping that we wouldn't be
> producing
> isos of the Everything spin as that takes up a LOT of space.

I am of the opinion that doing an Everything spin will give those "on the
fence" on whether to come to Linux or Fedora the opportunity to try out what
Linux really has to offer.  The real question is, do we want more people to
come to Fedora?  or do we want to send people to Vista.

Enabling the everything repo is a great solution it it is simple.  If it is
harder than clicking a few buttons though, it will be too difficult to sell
it as an ideal way of adding all the tools.

A humble opinion.

Clint Savage