Kernel Modules in Fedora (was: kqemu inclusion in kernel)

Todd Zullinger tmz at pobox.com
Fri Aug 3 15:05:23 UTC 2007

Kelly wrote:
> You're right; it is.  Okay, then I'm going to rephrase this:
>
> Why can't kqemu be included in main as a DKMS module?  It's already
> in FreshRPMs that way, and it seems to me that would be a more
> effective way of dealing with it than to directly embed it in the
> kernel (since it would allow kqemu to be upgraded separate from the
> kernel itself, and make kernel debugging easier).

It would require end users to have compiler tools on their systems and
it was frowned upon to ship packages with that requirement.  I'm sure
the archives have much more discussion of this.

Anarchism is founded on the observation that since few men are wise
enough to rule themselves, even fewer are wise enough to rule others.
    -- Edward Abbey