FESCo Meeting Summary for 2007-08-02

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Sun Aug 5 04:43:00 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-08-03 at 17:46 -0400, Matthias Clasen wrote:
> On Sat, 2007-08-04 at 02:55 +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> > Brian Pepple wrote:
> >
> > >       * http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/FeatureCodecBuddy - FESCo
> > >         approved this proposal.
> > >

> > I wish FESCo hadn't approved this. There is a lot of things being
> > discussed in FAB list about this and Max Spevack was going to get legal
> > to look into the questions raised there. From my understanding the
> > package under review currently is not how we want this feature to work.
>
> If you want this to work differently, better start working on an
> alternative. Also look at the updated details on the feature page,
> which take up some of the points raised in the fab discussion.

Hopefully the developers are watching/involved in the discussions.
We've also got John Poelstra watching both sides.  These folks need to
make sure details and changes don't fall between the cracks and get
lost/behind schedule.

Bottom line is, the feature description (and resulting code) is going to
have to (re)conform to what Fedora's legal friends tell us is best.
Right?

- Karsten
--
        Karsten Wade              ^     Fedora Documentation Project
    quaid.fedorapeople.org        |          gpg key: AD0E0C41