Kernel Modules in Fedora -x

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Tue Aug 7 14:49:23 UTC 2007

Emmanuel Seyman wrote:
> * Les Mikesell [06/08/2007 20:14] :
>> The discussion I'd like to see is to what extent stability matters and
>> whether users that need it should just look for some other distro that
>> includes firefox 2.x (etc.) but isn't so aggressive with kernel changes?
>
> IMHO, We'll only be able to have this discussion once people stop presenting
> API/ABI changes as breakage. Once we've got that straw man out of the way,
> we might be able to discuss this constructively.

Interfaces broken by mid-version updates are just as broken in fedora as
they would be in RHEL and it's not any more a straw man for one
distribution than another unless you are willing to say that one is only
suitable for testing. If you want to say the changes are a good thing,
then lets see them in RHEL too. But, if you want to put that aside for
the moment, firewire will make a great example.  Do you forsee a time
when you would keep your own backups or valuable data on a firewire
drive under fedora?

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com