Kernel Modules in Fedora -x

Jarod Wilson jwilson at redhat.com
Tue Aug 7 19:06:25 UTC 2007

Jarod Wilson wrote:
> Jesse Keating wrote:
>> On Tue, 07 Aug 2007 13:34:49 -0500
>> Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Can you - or someone - comment on whether you'd trust it with your
>>> working copy of something important?
>> All my development happens on Fedora, I push the code up to hosted.fp.o
>> periodically.  The only real thing stopping me from having more on
>> Fedora is the timeline.  There are servers that I just don't want to
>> touch, save for the few updates that apply to that install set, for
>> years, and for that I have RHEL, the Long Term Fedora.  Everything else
>> is Fedora.
>
> My "day job" is RHEL kernel stuff. And yet, my personal web and mail
> server, home file server, home workstation, office workstation and
> laptop all run Fedora (and F7 at the oldest now). I most definitely
> trust Fedora with my working copy of something important -- like the
> PITA backport patches I'm working on for the RHEL kernel... ;)

Oh, just saw Jesse's reply and read further up the thread... The "it"
was the new firewire stack, not Fedora, right?

FWIW, I do have a few firewire hard drives and a firewire dvd burner
that all work just fine with the new stack, haven't had any issues
whatsoever. (anything firewire that touches libavc1394, libraw1394 or
libiec61883 is another issue though...)

--
Jarod Wilson
jwilson at redhat.com