Kernel Modules in Fedora -x

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Tue Aug 7 23:53:35 UTC 2007

Les Mikesell wrote:

> If it is expected to not work - and that's been my experience except for
>  FC3 and FC6, that should be the default.

Bug report?

> OK, but what happens if they fail testing?  The problem with firewire
> drives not being recognized wasn't unique to my machine - it couldn't
> have worked anywhere.

Firewire issues were hardware specific. Some worked, others didn't and
others had data transfer issues. It wasn't a global problem with all
firewire devices. If issues with a particular package are found and
reported during updates-testing, then the maintainer has to decide on
pushing the update based on that. All this assumes anyone who has the
particular firewire devices actually tests the kernel in the the
updates-testing repository and files proper bug reports before it hits
the updates repository.

Rahul