Enabling Compiz by default?

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Thu Aug 9 23:12:15 UTC 2007

Josh Boyer wrote:
> On Fri, 10 Aug 2007 03:24:05 +0530
> Rahul Sundaram <sundaram at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> Have we considered enabling Compiz by default in GNOME and fall back
>> to metacity if the driver or hardware don't support acceleration?
>> That would get desktop effects out of the box on Intel and some ATI
>> cards.
>
> Can you do basic window manager things like make a window always
> present on all desktops yet?

Yes.

If you want to check if there are bugs still present of features missing
please just enable it and check. If you find bugs, file bug reports. One
of the quick ways to get these sort of bugs fixed if you agree that the
end goal is something desirable is to enable it by default.

This is rawhide. We can do this.

Rahul