Changes to cvsadmin requests and acls

Ian Burrell ianburrell at gmail.com
Fri Aug 10 20:18:13 UTC 2007

On 8/10/07, Toshio Kuratomi <a.badger at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 2007-08-10 at 07:05 +0200, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:

> > > [...]
> > > owners.list is dead.
> >
> > In that case can someone please remove it and place a short notice there
> > where to look now for the data to prevent users and packagers looking
> > there at old data? Same for owners.epel.list (?).
> >
> I'll do that in a bit.  I found out that there's one official script,
> getnotifylist_ and buggbot_ still using owners.list.  Even though the
> information is stale, owners.list doesn't change fast enough to make it
> un-useful at this point.  I'm going to fix the official script before
> removing owners*list.
>
> If someone wants to fix buggbot, that would be great.  I think it's
> going to be one of the things that gets pushed back to let higher
> priority things get fixed first.
>
> .. getnotifylist:
> https://hosted.fedoraproject.org/projects/packagedb/ticket/25
> .. buggbot:
> https://hosted.fedoraproject.org/projects/packagedb/ticket/23

One thing that would make sense is to have a location in pkgdb that
returns the owners.list file synthesized from the database.  Something
like http://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/ownerslist.  Then, the tools
that still need a current copy can do "wget" instead of "cvs update".
Or, somebody can regularly fetch the current one and check it in.

 - Ian