Fedora x86_64 rawhide rebuild in mock status 2007-08-11

Hans de Goede j.w.r.degoede at hhs.nl
Sat Aug 11 23:33:42 UTC 2007

Matthias Clasen wrote:
> On Sat, 2007-08-11 at 16:31 -0500, Matt Domsch wrote:
>
>> alacarte-0.11.3-3.fc7	(build/make)	rstrode at redhat.com
>
> Looking at this example, configure fails like this:
>
> Possible unintended interpolation of @INTLTOOL_ICONV in string
> at ./intltool-merge line 94.
> Global symbol "@INTLTOOL_ICONV" requires explicit package name
> at ./intltool-merge line 94.
> BEGIN not safe after errors--compilation aborted at ./intltool-merge
> line 252.
> make[1]: *** [alacarte.desktop] Error 9
>
> This is probably a relatively common problem, so I should probably
> explain the problem and the fix: It happens if you autoreconf a
> tarball which was produced with intltool 0.35.5 in a buildroot
> which has intltool 0.36. The fix is to either avoid autoreconf
> or intltoolize --force or wait for a new upstream tarball that
> was produced with 0.36. And no, I'm not a fan of intltool...

This is exactly why I always try to avoid autoreconf, I just patch both the
input and the generated files and then run a couple of touch commands to stop
make from still trying to autoreconf.

I got bitten by this intltool problem with libgda to, and I fixed it there by
no longer using autoreconf.

Regards.

Hans