Kernel panicking at Ndiswrapper?

Kelly lightsolphoenix at gmail.com
Sun Aug 12 02:20:15 UTC 2007

Well, I've been working with a new laptop, trying to get the networking to
work, when I stumbled across something strange.

Why is it that the Fedora version of the Linux kernel, and only the Fedora
version of the Linux kernel, panicks when I load Ndiswrapper?  Both Kubuntu
and openSUSE were fine.  Why do I get errors about sleeping functions being
called from invalid contexts from the kernel itself when I try to do wireless
networking?  And why does this seem to be localized to the Fedora kernel
only?