Disabling atime

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Sun Aug 12 03:34:49 UTC 2007

Ralf Corsepius wrote:

> This is not a corner case. This is the OS having dropped a fundamental
> feature.

A feature that only a couple of programs use in any way in the Fedora
repository is by no means a fundamental feature. Even if it is, we
aren't taking away the feature and only turning it off by default for a
performance boost. Those who want it will turn it by default.

> Implement "aging"/"time-based cleanup of /var/cache/yum" into yum and it
> will affect everybody.

We don't need to worry about non existent features.

Rahul