Disabling atime

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Sun Aug 12 06:35:50 UTC 2007

Ralf Corsepius wrote:

> It is a _documented_, _standardized_ feature of the OS, being in
> existance ever since Unix exists.

Either it's used and useful or it isn't. Linux has introduced several
features that Unix hasn't and not implemented some Unix has including
some "documented and standardized" features.

> Once again, you are not able to know if you want it nor if you will want
> it.
>
> Have you ever tried it or are you just FUDing around?

I don't see how FUD applies in any way here. If people don't know
whether they want it or not now, they will learn when they need to.

>>> Implement "aging"/"time-based cleanup of /var/cache/yum" into yum and it
>>> will affect everybody.
>> We don't need to worry about non existent features.
> Bummer, that's what I call "wide-sight" and "leadership quality".

Instead of resorting to adhominem attacks as usual try and address the
subject in hand.

Rahul