How to input CJK fonts to the "leave a message"?

Jens Petersen petersen at redhat.com
Mon Aug 13 01:39:45 UTC 2007

Yuan Yijun さんは書きました:
> 2007/8/13, Jens Petersen <petersen at redhat.com>:
>> I guess the main concern might be if it is acceptable to run SCIM there
>> or not.  It would probably need either a restricted or hidden SCIM
>> toolbar so that anyone could not change your SCIM settings, etc, while
>> the display is locked.
>
> Who should control the settings, GNOME/GConf environment or SCIM
> itself? What about chosen another default IM? Should it be enabled
> with system default IM or personal one? Should it load the same
> settings as the user currently logged in?

I am not sure yet since basically SCIM does not provide that
functionality currently.  Need to think about it more - one way might be
to use some X property on the root window when the screensaver is
running to control it perhaps.  Though I wonder a bit how much the
message feature will really be used by most typical users, so it is a
lower priority feature IMHO.

Jens