Changes to cvsadmin requests and acls

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Tue Aug 14 05:07:56 UTC 2007

On 8/13/07, Ralf Corsepius <rc040203 at freenet.de> wrote:

> FWIW: This change broke many scripts from
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/UsefulScripts
>
> My actual use-case is a local variant of cpancheck.

There's pros and cons to everything.  This change breaks two of those
scripts.  However, they can be fixed *and* it allows three other
scripts on that page to be fixed that were hopelessly broken before
(ever since acls were put in place that prevented commits to
owners.list).

In other news, Ricky Zhou was kind enough to port the PackageDB
templates to Genshi.  Genshi is perfect for our needs because it has a
plain text templating engine as well as the xml/html engine.  So it's
now pretty easy for someone to write a template to get a plain text
representation out of the packagedb using one of the server methods
that's already written.

I have conversion of one of those methods on my radar for the next
release and another couple for the release after but if anyone wants
to work on them, here's some tickets with pointers to information:

Announcement with links to genshi and docs for its plain text templates:
  https://hosted.fedoraproject.org/projects/packagedb/#updated-genshi-templates

Ticket: for bringing JSON and plain text formats to the user packages list::
  https://hosted.fedoraproject.org/projects/packagedb/ticket/37

Ticket for Michael Schwendt's needs for repoclosure and upgradecheck.
  https://hosted.fedoraproject.org/projects/packagedb/ticket/33

Ticket for c4chris's PackageStatus script.
  https://hosted.fedoraproject.org/projects/packagedb/ticket/40

General ticket for the overarching request for plain text output.
Depending on how the others work out, this may just end up closed.
  https://hosted.fedoraproject.org/projects/packagedb/ticket/29

-Toshio