Meet the desktop team

Matthias Clasen mclasen at redhat.com
Wed Aug 15 01:23:59 UTC 2007

There have been some discussions on fedora-desktop-list recently about
making the desktop livecd spin a better desktop. We (the RH desktop
team) would like to take this on, by taking "editorial control" of the
desktop livecd spin, and transforming it into an awesome desktop.

We'd like to start holding regular public irc meetings -- "meet the
desktop team", if you want. The official form in which this happens in
Fedora is in a SIG, so we will form a "Desktop SIG" and invite
interested members of the Fedora community to work with us on making
the Fedora desktop spin the best desktop in its class.

The first meeting is going to take place in the #fedora-meeting
irc channel on Freenode, Wednesday, 18:00-19:00 UTC (2pm-3pm EDT)
(see http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Communicate#IRC)

Proposed agenda for the first meeting:
- Organizational questions
- Goals and scope of the Desktop SIG
- Concrete plans for the F8 desktop spin
- Longer-term plans

We have put our ideas for second agenda item
up at http://www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/SIGs/Desktop

Hope to see you tomorrow,

Matthias