strange failure for dependency against libdb-4.5.so

Michael Schwendt mschwendt.tmp0701.nospam at arcor.de
Sat Aug 18 08:47:51 UTC 2007

On Sat, 18 Aug 2007 10:38:47 +0200, Jindrich Novy wrote:

> Ok, the new compat-db without db4-* provides is now built. I'm Cc'ing
> fedora-maintainers as well so that everyone is aware that direct
> library dependencies are now needed for packages using older db4s.

What kind of "direct library dependencies"? Any of the binary rpms
depend on the SONAME and don't need a change when a library is moved
from one package to another. That's one of the primary reasons why we
rely on rpmbuild's automatic dependencies instead of adding explicit
dependencies on package %{name}s manually. Only packages, which want
to build against compat-db-devel, would need to adjust the
BuildRequires.