kde4 status?

Adam Tkac atkac at redhat.com
Mon Aug 20 11:20:12 UTC 2007

Josh Boyer napsal(a):
> On Sat, 18 Aug 2007 20:01:29 +0200
> Hans de Goede <j.w.r.degoede at hhs.nl> wrote:
>

>> Grumbel, now that was a very usefull answer (NOT) can people please
>> refrain from answering questions about things which they have no clue
>> about, and instead go RTFM? (kde4 is planned for F-8 inclusion), see:
>>

> Actually, Michael does have a clue.
>

>> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/8/FeatureList
>>

> Yes, that is out of date.
>

>> and notice how KDE4 is on the approved features list, and:
>> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/FeatureKDE4
>>

> As is this.
>
> KDE4 will not be in F8.  The KDE team is working on a parallel
> installable packages for rawhide.  This was discussed in a FESCo
> meeting quite a while ago.
>
> josh

I think it would be better switch to KDE4 as soon as it possible (right
now) and don't try maintain KDE3 and KDE4 simulateously. Of course, it
will cause unstability, KDE team will be under heavy load, conservative
people could get heart attack etc. But I think new Fedora is more about
new features than about stability. Also if we switch to KDE4 now we
should discover more bugs and make upcomming KDE more stable. Bug-free
work is enemy of good work in our business :)

Adam