Development SIG -- http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SIGs/Development

Andrew Overholt overholt at redhat.com
Tue Aug 21 13:02:42 UTC 2007

* Colin Walters <walters at redhat.com> [2007-08-20 19:08]:

> On 8/20/07, Andrew Overholt <overholt at redhat.com> wrote:
>
>     On Mon, 2007-08-20 at 12:43 -0400, Colin Walters wrote:
>     > The thing I would keep in mind is that I see these three very
>     > different kinds of developers that are probably fairly representative:
>
>     Yeah, I realize that we may soon end back up at Fedora Everything.
>

> But that doesn't mean that there's nothing to do besides just shipping
> a bunch of bits =)

Another idea Ben Konrath used to kick around was the idea of a "small
development shop" setup.  We'd have one server image with pre-configured
bugzilla, version control, etc. and a workstation image with Eclipse,
etc. all set up to use the server.  I'm definitely planning on having
pre-configured CVS, SVN, Trac, and Bugzilla servers in Fedora Eclipse so
that's at least part of the way there.

Andrew