awk missing from buildroot?

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Wed Aug 22 15:19:11 UTC 2007

Mike McGrath wrote:
> Jesse Keating wrote:
>> On Wed, 22 Aug 2007 07:52:27 -0700
>> Wart <wart at kobold.org> wrote:
>>

>>> According to the FullExceptionList[1], awk is supposed to be included
>>> in the minimal build root as part of 'gawk'.  But my yadex build
>>> failed because awk wasn't found:
>>>
>>> http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/getfile?taskID=116912&name=build.log
>>>
>>> Is this a temporary failure, or something more serious?
>>>
>>> --Wart
>>> [1]http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging/FullExceptionList
>>>

>> Argh.  We just need to pull the FullExceptionList.  It's variable and
>> changes over time based on the depchains of those in the Exception list.
>>
>> Doesn't look like gawk is pulled in via deps from the Exception list
>> anymore.
>>

> We have to have something to give to everyone, what will it be?

The full exception list is easily enough generated by a script for
anyone with mock setup to do development builds (I think that's how it
was generated in the first place, wasn't it?). How about removing the
existing list and replacing it with a separate page for each release,
automatically regenerated periodically (would older releases ever need
re-doing?)?

Paul.