KDE: replacing dolphin

Johan Cwiklinski johan at x-tnd.be
Fri Aug 24 05:06:45 UTC 2007

Chitlesh GOORAH a écrit :
> On 8/24/07, Mark wrote:
>
>> Adding d3lphin to the fedora repository sounds like a good idea to me
>> but don't delete dolphin or obsolete it with d3lphin.
>>

> We can't ship both, can we ?
>
> d3lphin = dolphin + minor fixes + some minor enhancements
>
> Chitlesh

Hello,

I think it will be better to name the package d3lphin, which should
'obsoletes' and 'provides' dolphin, as d3lphin is the official name, and
is officially a dolphin's fork.

Why should we keep existing dolphin as it ? It don't understand the
benefit, as its is unmaintained upstream, and it will also give the
maintainers some - in my opinion - useless work.

Have a good day,
Johan