Fedora i386 rawhide rebuild in mock status 2007-08-25

Tom Lane tgl at redhat.com
Sat Aug 25 21:08:48 UTC 2007

Matt Domsch <Matt_Domsch at dell.com> writes:
> Of those expected to have worked...
> mysql-5.0.45-3.fc8 (build/make) tgl redhat com
> postgresql-8.2.4-3.fc8 (build/make) tgl redhat com

AFAICT, these two are not actually having a build problem, they are
failing self-tests because of name resolution breakage.  mysql is
pretty explicit about it:

mysql-test-run: *** ERROR: can't find IP number for localhost
make: *** [test-ns] Error 1

There's not enough info in the postgresql build log to be certain,
but the failure I see there is consistent with the theory that it
couldn't resolve an IP address for "localhost".

I don't mind if you're not running DNS on your build machine, but
you should at least have a localhost entry in /etc/hosts.

			regards, tom lane