changelogs in packages and space use

Caolan McNamara caolanm at redhat.com
Fri Aug 31 08:57:22 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-08-30 at 22:47 -0400, seth vidal wrote:

> 1. trim the changelogs at createrepo-runtime - fine - but that only gets
> it for the repodata
>
> 2. trim repos at rpmbuild time - great - I've suggested it as an option
> to rpmbuild on rpm-maint list.
>
> What're people's thoughts on this?

I guess ideally as a "changelog" that it would magically get clipped to
the changes from this release to the last release. Don't see how to
actually do that though, except by fiddling our build infrastructure to
suck the last fedora release nvr from koji and use that as the lowest
entry in the changelog to retain at buildbot rpmbuild time.

C.