Making "upstream" tarballs available

John Dennis jdennis at redhat.com
Fri Aug 31 21:56:43 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-08-31 at 14:21 -0700, Toshio Kuratomi wrote:
> That's true.  Although there are a few things that hosted definitely
> lacks before we're ready to take it out of beta.  Off the top of my head:
>
> * free form web space.  That allows hosting yum repos for the projects,
> download sites, non-trac-wiki space, etc.

Unless I'm mistaken currently the only way to put a tarball for a
project on hosted.fp.o at the moment is to add the tarball as an
attachment to Trac.

That's a less than wonderful way to manage the tarballs especially when
the SCM repository for the project is already on hosted.fp.o. It should
be easy to create the tarball from the SCM and then export it on
hosted.fp.o without a lot of gymnastics.
--
John Dennis <jdennis at redhat.com>