Licensing guidelines changes

Hans de Goede j.w.r.degoede at hhs.nl
Thu Aug 2 20:09:28 UTC 2007

Jesse Keating wrote:
> On Thu, 02 Aug 2007 21:36:49 +0200
> Hans de Goede <j.w.r.degoede at hhs.nl> wrote:
>
>> Last, you do realize this will effectively cause a mass rebuild? Is
>> this a good moment in the release cycle for this tool-chain wise, or
>> maybe packages should start updating the tags (which is most of the
>> work), but hold off building until another moment?
>
> We're quickly coming upon a mass rebuild need for a few things.
>
> BuildID for debugging
> ppc32 for incorrect compile flags leading to selinux denials
> java for IceTea
>
> and now for correct license text.
>
> This is what I would call 'technical reason' for a mass rebuild (:

Okay, but wouldn't it be prudent to time this then, I've just updated my first
specfile (1 down 149 to go) with a correct license tag, but I haven't build it
yet., if we are going to need a full rebuild gor for example the ppc32 issue,
is this a good moment to start, I would hate to start rebuilding packages now,
only to have todo it later for other reasons, if there will be other reasons
later then the rebuilds for the correct license tag can wait.

Regards,

Hans