License Change: GPL -> BSD?

Todd Zullinger tmz at pobox.com
Thu Aug 2 20:26:01 UTC 2007

Warren Togami wrote:
> I noticed that "dhcpv6 license correction" is a correction noting
> that dhcpv6 was labeled as GPL but it is really BSD.
>
> Is it really necessary to advertise a license change from more
> restrictive to less restrictive license?
>
> GPL -> BSD will never cause a new conflict right?

Even if it can't cause a conflict, it seems like it's worth noting.
It may allow for another package to make use of the package that has
just gone from GPL to BSD.  New restrictions are important, but so are
new freedoms.  (I'm not sure if there are any actual examples of this
in Fedora...)

Liberty is the only thing you cannot have unless you are willing to
give it to others.
    -- William Allen White  -  1940