Kernel Modules in Fedora (was: kqemu inclusion in kernel)

Kelly lightsolphoenix at gmail.com
Fri Aug 3 15:29:29 UTC 2007

On Friday, August 03, 2007 11:05 am Todd Zullinger wrote:
> It would require end users to have compiler tools on their systems and
> it was frowned upon to ship packages with that requirement.  I'm sure
> the archives have much more discussion of this.

Following that logic, all the -devel packages should be removed as well,
because they require compiler tools.

Last time I checked, DKMS and the modules are kept separate from the main
kernel, so the separate packages can have dependencies on the compiler tools
without requiring them for the main kernel.  DKMS isn't a requirement for
everybody, is it?